Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Beyond the days of "cute"

It's in the mid 90 degree range here in Kentucky and the humidity is high. I don't know if that is why my body decided to swell up in the last week or if it's just because I'm pregnant. All I can say is, "wow!" My arms and legs aren't bad, but my feet have grown an entire shoe size. I now know what it's like to have "rolls" - but mine are in odd places. I have a role by my ankles and toes. I look ridiculous and Ben thinks it's funny. I can no longer wear my wedding ring and my face, which is where I gain weight anyway, is quite puffy. It may be a while before you see a picture of me again.
The last week has been especially crazy for us. We work all day and spend several hours each night moving into our new home. We plan to be done moving by Saturday. I hope that once things slow down a bit and I have a chance to put my feet up, the swelling will go down. I'm sure it doesn't help matters that I am sitting at my desk all day at work with my feet down and then I'm on my feet all night packing boxes, moving boxes, and unloading boxes. By Saturday night I hope to put my feet up and relax!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww.....Kewy. To bad you weren't moving next weekend since I would of been there to help out with the move. I'll be seeing you in eight days!

Anonymous said...

aw hang in there!

Kara said...

You poor thing! You definitely need to have your feet up. And you need to find some cheap (a.k.a. free) labor to be moving those boxes for you! Don' t you have any former students that need something to do???

Jenny said...

Kelly,
try to get your feet up a little at work. I put a little box under my desk and put my feet up on that. It was a little uncomfortable, but it really made all the difference. Don't forget to drink lots of water!! I'm so sorry - swelling up is no fun at all!!

Shyla said...

hey girl! i was really expecting all of this swelling as well! However, if it's in the 90's and i am not near a pool, i am not outside. I take jackson outside everyday for 1/2hr. increments and then come in and drink up the AC!! I have no desire to be a hero and get all swollen just b/c i am pregnant and it's hot out. i have also avoided salt - cheese, hotdogs (yuck!) crackers etc... Jen's right. Drink LOTS of water (which is hard b/c i don't know about you, but i don't feel like i have a lot of room left!!) and put a pile of phone books or a small box under your desk (i used my computer tower and put my feet up on it!).
I laughed out loud when you said that you would not be posting many more pics!! I have under 2.5 weeks left and i am just looking forward to breathing again!! this baby has found it's home in my lungs!! :)

pamela s said...

I can empathize! There's a box under my desk right now to assist my cankles in going down. I didn't think this would happen this early (24 wks.), but I only hear it gets worth. I read that standing up & walking does help and that sitting (without being elevated) is the worse thing for it. I'm just trying to find shoes to wear that don't look like my foot is oozing out. Looks like I'll be wearing flip flops for the next 4 months. :)

pamela s said...

worth should be worse. What a preggo brain!

Shannon Smith said...

I feel your pain Kelly! This heat is not fun when being pregnant! Hope your swelling goes down soon!

Unknown said...

Poor dear! At least you can wear flip-flops so you don't have to buy lots of new shoes. Beware though, my shoe size went up 1/2 after having Chloe.

Ditto to Pam's comment. Walking and being active is supposed to be the best thing for swollen tootsies. I used to do ankle turns and flexes while sitting at my desk during the day. Calf lifts are good too.

Hang in there! Hope you at least have air-conditioning to make this time more comfortable.

Heather said...

Everyone has already said it but for sure you need to put your feet up at work! You will be surprised at how much it helps. Hang in there girl and try to get some time where you are just relaxing. I know that is easier said than done.

undergroundcrowds said...

I don't know, but this shoe size growing business has got me a little freaked out. I already have skies.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Im sure your still beautiful as can be, have to see a last pregers pic, just a few more weeks , yeah !!!!!!!!

Shannon Smith said...

How are you feeling now? Getting any better?