Friday, July 13, 2007

My First Baby Shower

My wonderful sister Kim threw me a great baby shower while I was in Michigan last week. It was a family shower held at my Aunt Linda's house. My family is very large and it's a challenge trying to get everyone together. It was especially hard with it being a holiday week and my family being big campers. In spite of all this, we had a great turnout! Thank you Kim for putting this all together!
During the shower my sister gave everybody an "advice card" to put down their words of wisdom for me. I loved reading these! It was fun to hear every body's input.
Some of the gifts I received included a high chair, car seat, booster seat, bedding, diapers, pacifiers, onesies, bottles, etc. It's starting to feel like I am having a baby!

Kim had fresh bagels, muffins, breads, and fruit. It was yummy!



This picture was taken late in the day - several hours after the shower. I am not sure why Kim wanted a picture of my feet. Maybe so I would look back some day and realize how swollen my ankles are!

In this picture you can see the bedding my sister gave me. I felt bad registering for it because it was so expensive, but I just loved it. Ben is painting the baby furniture black to go with this bedding. It's going to be beautiful! It's the only gender neutral bedding I really liked.
Here is my Aunt Rose and cousins Amber and Stephanie. Stephanie is due to have her sixth baby in November. My Aunt Rose is the mother of nine children. For her piece of advice she told us to give our kids the best gift we can give them - siblings. They are such a great family!!
My Aunt Linda, sister Kim, mother-in-law, and my grandma Miller. My grandma is not your typical Grandma. She cracks me up. I mean, look how tanned and toned her legs are!!! She has more energy than most people I know.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
Sorry I couldn't be there for your shower! It sounds and looks like everyone had a good time! Amber told me about your blog. I've had fun looking through all of your pictures, especially the pregnancy ones since I wasn't able to see you in person. You look so cute! You're going to be such a great mom!

Kelly Glupker said...

Gina!!!
I am so glad you left a comment. I have been praying for you. How is everything? I am bummed I am missing your shower too. You need to send me a picture of yourself, my sister says you look adorable. What is your email address? Mine is kellyannrad@yahoo.com

Kara said...

gender neutral is great- we've used car seat, stroller, bedding, etc. four times now. I believe in getting your money's worth.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

the black furniture is going to be so cool with that bedding ! baby showers are so much fun and such a blessing :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the prayers, Kelly. I'm doing well. After six days in hospital, it's nice to be back in my own house and sleeping in my own bed. I'm not thrilled about being on strict bed rest for the next 2-3 months, but if that's what it takes to keep Molly and Evan growing inside of me instead of being in NICU, I will gladly do it. I only have the laptop at my bedside, but I will see if Steve can get on our desktop computer and send you a picture of my pregnant belly. My email address is ginamdelp@yahoo.com.

Jenny LaBo said...

Kelly,
You look so pretty in that dress!!!!

Karen said...

Kelly, you are just so, so cute!
What a great shower, too.

Unknown said...

Wow, you truly got showered with blessings! Sisters are the best, aren't they? My sis threw me a great shower for Chloe.

That dress is absolutely adorable on you! You are just glowing!

The bedding is so very pretty. I'm sure your sister didn't feel bad spending the money on something she knew you loved so much.

Unknown said...

Btw, how in the world do you do french manicure on your toes with your belly in the way?!? Or did you have a pedicure?

Kelly Glupker said...

Alicia,
A pedicure? Are you kidding me? This cheap girl would NEVER pay for a pedicure. I did it myself. It is a bit challenging with my belly in the way. I have to sit in a not-so-lady-like position to get the job done. I am actually really bad at doing nails. I get the polish all over my skin and have to scrub it off when my nails dry. I get teased about it alot.