Friday, January 15, 2010

Enjoy Today

This poem was written by a fourteen year old boy. He surely has wisdom beyond his years:


It was spring but it was summer I wanted; the warm days and the great outdoors.
It was summer but it was fall I wanted; the colorful leaves and the cool dry air.
It was fall but it was winter I wanted; the beautiful snow and the joy of the holiday season.
It was now winter but it was spring I wanted; the warmth and the blossoming of nature.
I was a child but it was adulthood I wanted; the freedom and the respect.
I was twenty but it was thirty I wanted; to be mature and sophisticated.
I was middle-age but it was twenty I wanted; the youth and the free spirit.
I was retired but it was middle-age that I wanted; the presence of mind without limitations.
My life was over but I never got what I wanted.

Message by Dr. Charles R. Swindoll, "Who Gets the Glory?"
Northwest Bible Church, Dallas, TX.

0 comments: