Monday, April 04, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Owen

He looks more and more like a man every day.
If you're on facebook you've probably read most of these already:


"Mama, I'm not going to do bad things anymore! Well, let me do this one bad thing first." And then he made this annoying spitting noise I'm constantly asking him not to make.


Walking around with his New Testament like he's reading it he says, "This says to be kind. I will be nice to Aubrey."


In church as the choir is singing he says in frustration, "I can't understand what they are singing! I don't know the words!"


During church he started flipping through his Bible and said, "What page are we on?!"


A few days after Ben went skydiving Owen said, "When I grow up I want to be a Dad and jump out of an airplane!"


While he and Aubrey were playing together in another room I overhead him say, "Since ladies are supposed to go first, Aubrey, we are going to pretend that you're a boy and I'm a girl for this game. So I have to go first."


We were walking out the door to go to church when I said, "Let's hit the road Jack!" Without missing a beat he replied, "Okay, Bill!" (He doesn't even know anyone by the name of Bill.


"Mommy, girls don't have a penis and boys don't wear slippers."


Owen loves to sing Victory in Jesus. Instead of singing "he plunged me" he says, "he punched me to victory . . ."


When he was fighting a terrible stomach bug he had really bad diarrhea. He looked in the toilet and said, "This is diculous!" (ridiculous).


After watching a math program he says, "Mama, they just said that when you put a one and another one together you get two. But that's not true. Two ones together make eleven."


Owen: "Mommy, I want you to ask me what a spaceship is."

Me: "Okay. Owen, what is a spaceship?"

Owen: "I have NO IDEA!"

0 comments: