Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blueberries!

Aubrey woke up Saturday morning begging for blueberry muffins. Since I didn't have any on hand I thought it would be a good time for us to go blueberry picking. Last year I took the kids picking when Aubrey was 11 months old. It was then that we discovered her obsession with blueberries. I posted about it here. Things have not changed. It was a very hot and humid day on Saturday and she was soaked with sweat after a couple of hours of picking. But she still had a great time. Ben, Owen and I picked close to 12 pounds worth of fruit. I can only imagine how much Aubrey ate. She was off on her own picking with both hands and shoveling it all into her mouth. NONE of her berries made it into the bucket. She even kept trying to sneak handfuls out of our buckets. She was as happy as could be out there in the bushes. Owen isn't a huge fan of blueberries but he worked really hard picking them. Despite the heat he never complained. He just worked and worked.


Unfortunately I forgot my camera so Ben took a few pictures with his phone. I saw several people point and giggle at the sight of Aubrey stuffing her face.
Hmmm . . . which bush should I eat from next?



Ben even took a picture of me out there (a joke from a previous post)


My hard working boy


I'm looking forward to blueberry muffins, pies, crisps, cobblers and frozen berries all winter long!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

YUM! We are planning to go in the next week or so, too! That picture of you in the bush - you'd never guess you were pregnant! :-) Cute pictures!!