Wednesday, October 26, 2011

God Answers Prayer




A couple weeks ago I took the kids outside to take these pictures. The house we currently live in sits on 5 acres that includes a creek, a bridge, wooded areas, a private trail, open grassy areas, two gardens, a few large hills and many big trees. When I snapped the last picture I went to put the lens cap on and realized it was missing. We had walked all over the yard and I was not sure where I lost it. Leaves were everywhere and my two oldest children joined me in searching through them for my lost lens cap. We prayed together and looked. We prayed some more and looked some more. After nap time we went back outside and continued to pray and look. We did this for several days. The next week we went out again and prayed and searched. We were not successful in finding my lens cap.

Monday of this week we went outside to go on a nature walk as part of our science lesson. While under one of the largest trees in the yard, Owen started kicking leaves around and suggested we try to find my lens cap again. Before he had even mentioned it, I was already praying about it. I know this may seem like a silly thing to pray about but let me share what was on my mind - I have a nice camera. It's an expensive camera. And I want to be a good steward of the things God has given me. Not having a cover for my lens will allow the lens to get dirty and scratched. A lens cap is a small thing. It can be replaced. I know it's not a big deal. I told God all of this, but I still asked Him to help me find it so I didn't have to buy a new one. I said "amen" and immediately (as in one second later) I looked down and THERE WAS MY LENS CAP! It was directly in front of my right foot. I gasped audibly. I was in shock. We had looked and prayed so many times and as soon as I ended my last prayer it appeared out of nowhere! Owen heard me gasp and asked, "What's wrong, Mama?" I pointed down at my foot and when he saw the cap he raised the long branch he was carrying into the sky and yelled, "Thank you, LORD!!!!"
Right away Owen, Aubrey and I knelt down in the grass and thanked God for answering our prayer. Owen is really beginning to understand that God does indeed answer prayer. God is so kind and so good to allow my children to witness this answer, to see His provision and care even in the small things.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT IS AWESOME!