Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kids Say the Funniest Things

The day isn't even half over and yet these are some of the funny things I've heard already.


While pulling into the parking lot of the bookstore this morning Aubrey raised her hand and said, "Now Owen, I want you to be a good boy in the store. That means no running and don't touch anything."
Owen replied, "I know. And don't forget, Aubrey, that we don't say the word 'stupid' and we don't pick our noses!"

As we are walking into the store Owen notices the red bucket by the doorway with a man standing nearby shaking a bell. He asked, "Mama, what's that man doing out here?"
"He is collecting money for the poor," I answer.
"Well, you know, the Bible says that lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth."

We go into the book store and Aubrey sits down with a book and starts "reading." Each story began with, "Once upon a time everybody used the potty."

Before we even headed out the door this morning Aubrey had me laughing. She was telling me that God made the birds. God made her. God made everything. I asked her, "Aubrey, why did God make you?" She responded with, "Because he was just messing around."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my Aubrey girl. She gets her "wisdom" from her Grandpa Rademacher :)